Here are some reminders and updates for you:
- Tax Bills – Please remember if you would like your taxes to be applied in 2017 you need to have them to the office or postmarked before December 31st. The Village office will be open today until 5:00 p.m., but will be closed on Friday December 29th and Monday January 1st. Any tax payments left in the drop box outside the office will be receipted with a December date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but I will ensure that your payment is taken care of in 2017.
- Garbage Pick-up – The pick-up day for Friday, December 29th and Friday, January 5th has changed due to the holidays. Those pick-up days will each be on Saturday, December 30th and Saturday, January 6th. Please plan accordingly.
- New Village Office Hours – The Village office will be changing their hours starting January 1, 2018. They will be as follows:
- Monday and Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Winter Parking/Sidewalk Clearing – Please remember that winter parking is now in effect throughout the Village.
- Ordinance Sec. 34-6. – Parking Restrictions.
(b) Winter parking prohibited. No persons, except physicians on emergency call, shall park any vehicle between 2:45 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., on any village street from the first measurable snowfall to April 1.
- Ordinance Sec. 30-5. – Snow and Ice Removal.
(a) Sidewalks to be kept clear. The owner, occupant or person in charge of each and every building or structure or unoccupied lot in the village fronting or abutting any street shall clean, or cause to be cleaned, the sidewalk in front of or adjoining each such building or unoccupied lot of snow or ice to the width of such sidewalk within 24 hours after the cessation of a snowstorm. When the ice has formed on any sidewalk so that it cannot be immediately removed, the persons herein referred to shall keep the same sprinkled with salt, ashes, sawdust or sand.
(b) Deposit in street prohibited. No person shall deposit, or cause to be deposited, any snow or ice taken and removed from his premises or elsewhere upon any sidewalk, alley, parkway, public place or street in the village. Snow shall not be piled at or near intersections so as to obstruct the view of pedestrians or operators of motor vehicles.
(c) Removal by village. The deposit of any snow or ice upon any sidewalk, alley or street of the village contrary to the provisions of this section shall be and is declared to be a nuisance and, in addition to the penalty provided for violation of this section, the village may summarily remove any snow so deposited and cause the cost of said removal to be charged to the owner of the property from which said snow or ice has been removed. If not paid within 30 days, such charge shall be extended upon the current or next tax roll as a charge for current services, as provided in Wis. Stats. §§ 66.0703
As always we appreciate the care you take with your property during this blustery season and we thank you for helping keep other residents and visitors safe as they travel through the Village.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Village office if you have any questions.
We hope the rest of 2017 is good to you and we wish you a very Happy New Year!!